Patients who have their procedures performed at Riverview Ambulatory Surgical Center enjoy the convenience of a centrally located facility with easily accessible parking, and a streamlined registration process. Riverview offers an inviting and comfortable environment designed for efficiency, comfort, safety, and privacy. Patients can rest assured that the friendly and knowledgeable healthcare professionals at Riverview will treat them with the utmost care and respect throughout their procedure, as outcomes and patient satisfaction are the true measures of our success.
The instructions below are provided to patients as general guidelines. Your physician may also provide instructions specific to the procedure being performed. Contact the center with any questions.
What To Do Before Surgery
- Notify your surgeon before coming to the center if there is any change in your physical condition, such as a cold, fever, or a wound near your surgery site.
- Your doctor will advise you of any tests that may need to be performed by your primary care physician prior to surgery.
- A member of the surgical center staff will call you a day prior to your surgery to obtain health and registration information, answer any questions you may have, and give your arrival time.
- If you are undergoing anesthesia, do not eat or drink anything after midnight on the day of your surgery.
- Unless instructed by your physician, do not take any medication after midnight the day of your surgery. Please note: If you are on blood pressure or heart medication, or if you are a diabetic, obtain specific instructions from your physician.